Thursday 19 September 2013

The Booking by Numbers Q&A


Today it’s time for something a little bit different... 

Randomly the other day an idea for a fun Q&A came to me. I love doing bookish surveys and tags and have been seeing different ones around the blogosphere lately so I decided it would be fun to share my own! It’s a book Q&A about the books on your bookshelves with a bit of a fun twist! Here’s how it works.

Put the number of books on your bookshelf (or if like me you have hundreds of books break it down to 50, 70, 100 - however many books you’d like to play with) into a random number generator this could be via Random Org or simply by pulling numbers out of a hat. For each question draw a number and apply that question to the selected book from your shelf (or wherever you like to store your books.) For example if you pulled the number 11 you’d count across your shelf to the 11th book. It’s as simple as that!

I figured this would be a fun way to get a sneak peak at people’s bookshelves and learn more about the stories behind the books. I’d love to be nosy at what you guys have on your bookshelves so feel free to take part on your own blogs!

Booking by Numbers Q&A 

Book Number: 48 Book: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting
Q1.) Have you read this book? If so what did you think of it?
Not yet. I will hopefully be reading it soon though as part of my Halloween TBR. I love this series and I recently learned that this is the last book. A few people have said that the ending isn’t really satisfying so I think that’s why I’ve been nervous to pick it up!

Book Number: 3 Book: Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
Q2.) Why did you buy this book? Were you recommended it? Was it a random purchase?


This book was actually a Christmas present from my Nan. Peter Pan is probably my favourite Children’s Classic and I’d been pining for this edition for ages so it was a really nice present. Definitely something I’ll have on my bookshelf for the rest of my life.

Book Number: 23 Book: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Q3.) Based on what you know about this book which other book blogger would you recommend it to? 
EVERYBODY!!! I recently finished this book and I loved it so, so, much! To answer the question though I would recommend it to two bloggers Samantha from The Secret Life of a Bookworm because she recently read and loved Eleanor and Park and I think she’d love this one too. And Ellie from Musings of a Bookshop Girl because she really needs to read some Rainbow Rowell!

Book Number: 55 Book: The Essence by Kimberly Derting
Q4.) Who’s this books bookshelf neighbour?


Another Kimberly Derting book! The Essence is getting cosy with Everbound by Brodi Ashton and Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder. These books are on my TBR Sequel Shelf I really need to read them!

Book Number: 34 Book: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Q5.) How many books have you read by this book’s author?
I have all of Sarah’s books but I have only read Unspoken and Untold. I really love this series so I want to get on to The Demon’s Lexicon series one day. I’ve also read The Bane Chronicles: What Really Happened in Peru by Sarah Rees Brennan and Cassandra Clare so including that my grand total is at three.

Book Number: 16 Book: Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly
Q6.) Do you have any special memories attached to this book?


This is actually a very special book to me! Not only is it my favourite book from one of my favourite series but it was also the first book I was quoted in as a book blogger. It’s also signed and personalised by the author. I have all of these special memories with this book and every time I look at it I feel happy.

Book Number: 12 Book: The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
 Q7.) Is this book part of a series? If it is are you up to date with the series?
It will be eventually when the next book comes out. Am I up to date with it? No, seems as I haven’t read this one although it is on my Halloween TBR so all in good time!

Book Number: 1 Book: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
Q8.) Is this book something you’d typically read or is it out of your comfort zone?


This book is the first book on my bookshelf because it’s something that I like to dip in and out of every now and again. I’d say this is pretty out of my comfort zone, as the title suggests this is a collection of weird things that people have asked in bookshops and I don’t have anything else quite like it on my shelf!

Book Number: 26 Book: Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Q9.) Have you reviewed this book? If yes then share a link to it.
My review.

Book Number: 63 Book: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Q10.) Where did you buy this book from?
Okay, this is kind of creepy. I bought it from an independent book shop whilst I was on holiday in Cornwall. The creepy part is that it was roughly this time last year that I bought it! I also bought the sequel today. Weird.

Book Number: 76 Book: Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Q11.) Roughly how long have you owned this book for?
Years! Before I started book blogging, so it’s been sitting on my shelf for at least three years and I still haven’t read it! I read and loved The Darkest Minds earlier this year so I’ll have to get on to this one soon.

Book Number: 40 Book: Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
Q12.) Share the first sentence of this book.
“In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret.” Okay this definitely has me intrigued! Will have to pick this up soon!

Book Number: 60 Book: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Q13.) What’s your opinion on this book’s cover?


*Sighs deeply.* It’s… okay. The dress is weird but I like the striked out lines. HOWEVER the new cover designs for this series with the eyes are gorgeous! I’d really like to replace this one at some point but it’s such a shame that the publishers released the new cover in paperback not hardcover.

Book Number: 87 Book: More Than This by Patrick Ness
Q14.) In a few sentences describe this book in your own words.
I haven’t read this one yet so this is going to be hard.

This guy dies, he remembers dying, yet he is still here. Is he a ghost? Is he really dead? Is he in the afterlife? The guy doesn’t have a clue what is going on. You probably won’t have a clue what’s going on. But in the end you will be amazed and in awe as one always is upon finishing a Patrick Ness book.

END


I hope you guys had fun reading this and don’t mind that I wanted to try something different today. It was so much fun to do!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using images from the Valentine Owls and Valentine's Day clip art kits by Pink Pueblo